User Experience Design Bootcamp
This class aims to demystify UX by giving a practical and simple introduction to what UX is while also explaining some of its core concepts of usability. This is a field that affects all areas of business — prepare to dip your toes into an ocean of new concepts and ideas that will enlighten your perspective on the human-computer interaction experience.
"Good things come to those who learn" - GA Students who take this workshop and then subsequently enrol in GA's User Experience part-time or full-time course will receive a tuition credit towards the course equal to what they paid for this workshop* (*only eligible for students who haven't yet enrolled).
This workshop takes place from 10:30 am-4:30 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). To check your local timing for this workshop, use this timezone converter.
- Discover what user experience is
- Use the core components of usability to evaluate web and mobile experiences
- Learn how to identify the different roles within UX and the responsibilities of each
- Discover what the field of UX encompasses and how it is related to other disciplines
- Learn about how user experience fits into product development lifecycles
- Understand the core UX activities, methods and deliverables (such as wireframes, site maps, user flows, prototypes), their purpose
- Introduction of the methods used for creating UX documents and the software commonly used
- Learn about the importance of qualitative and quantitative research
- Introduction to what user testing is, conduct a session and learn about the importance of an iterative design process
- Find out how to sell the value of UX
- Learn about how to kick off a career in UX
PreparationThis workshop will be completely live and online. In preparation, please download Zoom and Slack.
About the Instructor
UX UI Lead, Telstra
I am passionate UX leader with a drive to create amazing app based, online and 'back pocket' experiences that take the friction out of peoples everyday lives. By day, I work in Telstra's Enterprise Mobility team, I evangelise for and consult with the end users to understand their motivation and how they use technology, so that what we build is seamless, and creates real value in their businesses and lives.
My career has spanned working across a range of technology fields, from mobile hardware to delivering integrated solutions by bringing together best of breed digital tools and helping businesses make them work together. I like to believe that there's no problem that thoughtful, well considered design and bleeding edge technology can't improve!